Right away I have to like this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake from Picky Palateʼs blog! Not only does the title make me hungry, but the ﬁrst step is to dump all the ingredients, in particular order, into a mixer! Do you know how much time I just saved by not having all sorts of separate bowls of various mixtures? (And, seriously, do you know how many bowls and spoons I was just saved from washing???) With a couple secret ingredients and time savers (think moist cake mix and instant pudding!), and a few staple ingredients, this scrumptious cake can be from the pantry, to the mixer, to the hot little mitts you love, in no time!
Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake
*Makes 16 to 20 squares
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 3.4 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream (start w 1/4 cup and add a little more cream if needed)
2. Place cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, pudding, sour cream and pumpkin into a stand or electric mixer, beating until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
3. Place butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt, about 30-40 seconds. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to bowl, mixing until combined. Drizzle mixture evenly over cake then take a knife and run it through to swirl.
4. Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through and remove. Place powdered sugar and cream into a large bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over warm cake then let cool for 20 minutes before cutting into squares. Refrigerate if not serving same day. Enjoy with milk!