Light, fluffy crepes layered with a sweet, tangy strawberry lemonade cream, come together to make this recipe for the perfect Strawberry Lemonade Crepe Cake!
Is there anything better than crepes? How about a stunning crepe cake?? This crepe cake recipe is one of those times where combining two of your favorite things, becomes an even better thing! Our contributor Lauren from Going For Grace hit it out of the park on this crepe cake recipe. For this crepe cake, you’ll use a tart strawberry sauce and a tangy lemonade cream to build stacks and stacks of fluffy crepes. Serve this beautiful crepe cake creation on a cake plate for a delicately gorgeous summer treat.
Strawberry Lemonade Crepe Cake Recipe
I absolutely love this Strawberry Lemonade Crepe Cake recipe! The ingredients together create such a fun and unique summer flavor! For this crepe cake recipe you’ll need to make a strawberry sauce, a lemonade cream, and tons and tons of fluffy crepes of course! ;) You can actually make both the crepe batter and the strawberry lemonade cream the night before too! This will totally make the assembly of this gorgeous Strawberry Lemonade Crepe Cake all the easier! :)
How To Make A Homemade Strawberry Sauce
Before you can start assembling your beautiful crepe cake, you need to prepare a strawberry sauce. This amazing strawberry sauce will be added to the lemonade cream later on to help bind everything in the crepe cake together. Plus, it’s sooooo tasty! You can definitely double this recipe and save half for tons of other recipes! It’s seriously perfect drizzled over ice cream, cake, or even pancakes and Belgian waffles. If you would like to keep any extra, just remember to keep it stored in an airtight container the fridge. The strawberry sauce can last for up to seven days, but I guarantee you’ll run out way before then ;) To make this homemade strawberry sauce, add all of your ingredients into a medium saucepan. Since you’ll be cooking up these little strawberries, you can definitely opt for frozen strawberries if you like. Once everything is added together in your saucepan, allow the ingredients to simmer until you have a slightly thick and bubbling strawberry sauce.
Strawberry Lemonade Cream
As your strawberry sauce chills in the fridge, you can get to work on this delicious Lemonade Cream! For this Lemonade Cream, you’ll need to whip two containers of marshmallow creme in an electric mixer. The marshmallow creme can definitely get a little sticky and be a bit tricky to work with, but whipping up the marshmallows will give your cream the most amazingly fluffy texture! Once you’ve finished whipping up all of the marshmallow-y goodness, slowly beat in your butter, powdered sugar, and the cooled strawberry sauce. Your final cream should have a pretty pink color and a slightly sticky texture. This will work perfectly as the tasty glue between each crepe layer!
How To Make Crepes
To completely assemble your crepe cake recipe, you’ll need about 25 to 30 crepes in total. Use an 8-10 inch skillet to whip up this fluffy little cakes! To make your crepes, blend all of your ingredients together and then chill your crepe batter for at least an hour. Honestly I like to let my batter set overnight to create a crepe consistency that’s super easy to work with. With a nonstick skillet, cook your crepes one at a time. You’ll only need to pour about ⅓ cup of your crepe batter into a greased skillet to get started. Let those crepes sizzle in the skillet for about 45 seconds, just until the edges are a little raised, then flip for another 30 seconds. All you have to do is repeat that step until you have all of the beautiful crepes that you need!
Assembling Your Crepe Cake
Once you have all of these gorgeous pieces assembled, you’ll be ready to start building your Strawberry Lemonade Crepe Cake! This step is actually pretty simple, once you get into the rhythm of the assembly. Start by placing one of your crepes onto your serving dish. Then take about ¼ cup of your Strawberry Lemonade Cream and spread it across your crepe, leaving about ½ inch from the edge. From here, you just need to continue creating your layers until you are completely out of fresh crepes. I like to finish off my crepe cakes, by pressing gently down on the crepe cake. This helps flatten out the crepe cake and pushes out the cream a bit for an amazing final product!
This incredible Strawberry Lemonade Crepe Cake is a fantastic starter recipe for anyone who has been dying to make a crepe cake! Are any of you pros at whipping up crepe cake recipes? I would love to know any of your tips for creating smooth, even layers for your cakes! Share any other tips you have for how to perfect your crepe cake recipe! :)
Homemade Strawberry Sauce RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 12- oz. bag about 3 cups strawberries (frozen are fine, no need to thaw)
- about 3 cups of strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt -½ to 1 teaspoon
- lemon zest -Lemon juice to taste
- Place all of your ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the berries are bubbling and the sauce has slightly thickened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and add a tablespoon of water.
- Stir to dissolve the cornstarch and then add the mixture to the berries. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Cool at room temperature for about 15 minutes then transfer to the fridge and chill until cold.
Strawberry Lemonade Cream RecipePrint Recipe
- -2 8 ounce containers of marshmallow creme -3 sticks (1 ½ cups) unsalted butter, softened -½ cup powdered sugar -1 tablespoon strawberry sauce -1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice -½ tablespoon lemon zest
- Whip both containers of the marshmallow creme in an electric mixer.
- Beat in your softened butter 4 tablespoons at a time until completely combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and strawberry sauce, beating until fully combined.
Crepe Cake RecipePrint Recipe
- -2 cups of milk -¾ cup water -4 eggs -6 tablespoons butter melted -3 tablespoons sugar -2 teaspoons vanilla -¼ teaspoon salt -2 cups flour -1 teaspoon oil, to grease the skillet
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill the crepe batter for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Brush with a little bit of oil, using a paper towel to distribute an even amount over the skillet.
- When hot, pour in crepe batter using only 1/3 cup per crepe. Tilt the skillet to distribute the batter evenly around the skillet.
- Flip the crepe over when the edges are slightly dry and raised, about 45 seconds on the first side and 30 seconds on the second side.
- Repeat with all of the batter, putting the crepes on a round dinner plate and covering each with aluminum foil while you’re cooking the next crepe, as to keep separated and prevent the crepes from drying around the edges.
- Assembling the Crepe Cake:
- Place one crepe on a flat serving dish.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the Strawberry Lemonade Cream on top of the crepe and spread it to 1/2-inch from the edge of the crepe.
- Continue layering crepes and cream, ending with one crepe on top.
- Gently press down on the crepe cake to flatten the top and push the cream to the edges if necessary.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour. This helps with smooth cutting.