One of the most simple yet delicious foods, honey cornbread is always a winner in our book. Leah from Truffles and Trends is sharing her recipe with us that can make three different kinds, yum! Whether you make blueberry, jalapeño, or old-fashioned honey, this cornbread recipe is sure to please. We love that we can eat this cornbread with every meal and with the variety of flavors, you really can’t go wrong! Check out Leah’s delicious recipe below.
HONEY CORNBREAD, 3 WAYS
Serves: 8 in. pan or 8-9 mini loaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup soy/almond milk mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ways: 1 – leave plain, 2 – add 1 cup fresh berries, 3 – add a finely chopped fresh jalapeño pepper, seeds removed
- Optional: Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease and line an 8-inch round/square pan or grease 8-9 mini loaf pans.
- Whisk together the first five ingredients, through buttermilk.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and mix into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- If using, stir in add-in of choice.
- Pour batter into pan/s. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top if desired.
- Bake cornbread for 20 minutes for a large cake, 12-16 minutes for the mini loaves.
- The cornbread is ready when it’s golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Eat plain or serve with jam, maple syrup, butter, honey, or chili.
Recipe, Photography and Styling for Best Friends for Frosting by: Leah, Truffles and Trends