We love an easy DIY project, especially when it will help us get more organized! This adorable key rack is completely customizable and will help you keep all of your keys in one place. The days of being late because of lost keys are over! Megan Roy is on BFFF today to share her fun and easy tutorial. Between her website and Etsy shop, we are huge fans of her creativity! We love the color combination that she came up with, but you can easily create any color scheme that you want to! Check out Megan’s tips and tutorial below for the perfect weekend project:
“I’ve been searching for a key rack since I moved into my current place about a year and a half ago. For some reason, finding the perfect balance of beautiful, functional, and organic was a lot more difficult than I thought. So I whipped up my own, and now you can too!”
- Thick wooden stick (just pick one up from your local forest!)
- Screw hooks from your local hardware store (the size and amount will depend on the size of your stick. We used 7/8” here.)
- Paint in the colors of your choosing
- Paint brushes
- String or twine strong enough to hold the weight of your stick + keys
- Paint your stick in the design of your choice! Have fun with it, there’s no wrong way to do it.
- Gently screw the hooks in by hand, keeping them equal distances apart. The exact distance and number of screws will depend on the length of your stick.
- Apply pressure with each turn and they should slide in pretty easily.
- Measure and cut about 12” of your string or twine.
- Tie each end of the string to each end of the stick and trim any excess.
- Hang on a nail and enjoy!
Pro Tip: For more even weight distribution, hang the string from two or three evenly spaced nails instead. This will prevent the stick from leaning in either direction when keys are placed on it.