What do you do when you can’t find the perfect kitty cat planter? You design one yourself! ;) Don’t you hate it when you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for? That is a problem I commonly face, which is why I became so obsessed with DIY in the first place. Usually I will have an idea and try to Google it like crazy but can’t figure out where to buy it, so I just cave and make it myself. Lately, I’ve been looking for a fun girly planter to put in Claire’s nursery but could not find the perfect one anywhere. Everything I found was a boring color and super minimal. Nothing matched our personalities! ;) So I quickly busted out the spray paint, paint brushes and got busy. This planter literally took me 15 minutes to create. The process is so simple and creates the perfect planter for any of your favorite plants!
HOW TO MAKE A DIY KITTY PLANTER
-Spray paint and acrylic paint
- Spray paint the pot pink.
- With hot pink acrylic paint and paintbrush, draw on inner cat ears. Once they are dry use black paint to outline outside of inner ear leaving a little space for depth.
- Use the black paint to add two lines for eyelids and paint the lashes pointing down.
- Paint on the heart nose with pink.
- Allow to dry. Shellac the pot to add shine and protection if you’d like.