One of my favorite things to do with friends and family is throw together a fun game night! Everyone can get involved- it is a great way to start off the evening with a little friendly competition ;) And of course, it’s always a fun bonding time over belly laughs and good bites!
Life has been so busy lately, so I’m all about super easy snacks! One thing that I love to serve up on these occasions is my super simple Smokey Chipotle Cheese Dip recipe. It is so easy to make, and super delicious! It’s sure to be a crowd favorite. All you need to do is throw the ingredients in a pan, mix them together, and bake the dish for 20 minutes! You can even throw the dip into a crock pot once it’s all done. It will stay perfectly warm so guests can grab a handful of chips and dig in between a round of cards.
EASY SMOKEY CHIPOTLE CHEESE DIP
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz brick PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack shredded plus a 1/4 cup for finishing
- 3 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice plus lime wedge for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350
- In small to medium frying pan, add olive oil and saute onion until translucent. Add garlic and
- saute for 1 minute. Add cumin, and chipotle peppers, and cook for an additional minute. Let pan cool for five minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, cream cheese, monterrey jack cheese, and lime juice.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of dip and broil for a few minutes
- until golden.
- Garnish dip with cilantro, onion and a squeeze of lime and serve warm with tortilla chips.
I’ll be honest – this dip tastes as good as the pictures look. It’s also made with Philadelphia Cream Cheese, which is made with fresh milk, real cream, and no preservatives – something I can always feel great about serving up at a little get-together!