Here at BFFF, we love to throw a great party any chance we get. So naturally, we’re always looking for new ways to make each occasion feel special. Whatever the celebration, we’re sure that these five unique ideas will instantly make your party pop. Mandy Forlenza Sticos is sharing her tips for stress-free, creative styling for any event. Here’s what she has to say:
1. Larger Than Life Balloons – Whether you display one monster balloon or many, these whimsical party accessories bring an instant smile. Don’t forget to add a fresh flower collar or yards of your favorite lace and ribbon as a tassel! Stress-free planning tip: Get these beauties delivered to your doorstep by Balloon Planet; nationwide.
2. Nearly Naked Cake – A nearly naked cake offers just enough frosting for those with a sweet tooth while providing a sneak peak at the cake’s flavor. Stress-free planning tip: Hide the knife if you want to keep the cake on display for a bit!
3. Unexpected Centerpieces – Search your cabinets for old tins, glassware, trophies, and teapots for an unexpected place to display flowers! You’ll be the talk of the party and perhaps Instagram as all of your friends document your creativity. #partysuccess Stress-free planning tip: Order your flowers online and fresh blooms arrive ready to be cut and styled! Blooms by The Box is one of my favorite resources.
4. Old School Desserts – For the smaller grab-and-go sweets, go retro! These rice cereal and marshmallow treats hold a nostalgic place in everyone’s heart, and the white chocolate topping offers a new take on a classic. Stress-free planning tip: These treats are a great gluten-free option for guests; skip the toppings to be safe.
5. Specialty Cocktails – Every good party needs its own specialty cocktail! Whether it’s a personal favorite or a pretty mixology experiment, display the ingredients to encourage guests to mix it up. Stress-free planning tip: If space is limited at your soiree, pre-mix ingredients in large pitchers, and don’t forget the ice and a variety of garnishes.
Concept, Styling, Floral Design: Mandy Forlenza Sticos
Balloons: Balloon Planet
Flowers Provided By: Blooms by the Box
Cake + Dessert: There Should Always be Cake
Photography: Fallon Chan