As we turn our calendars toward the end of summer that can only mean one thing – back to school shopping. Whether you’re in high school, college, or simply wanting inspiration for ways to add a little life to your work space, we’ve got you covered. With us today is Denell Peppin of Modern Parent Living sharing her styling tips and must-have products for your desk. Here’s what she has to say:
“Right now, there’s so much to do about going ‘back to school.’ And when it comes to shopping and organizing for the kids, I look at it as the perfect time to do a quick inventory and upgrade for myself too. Here’s some things that help to keep me organized, and my work space stylish.”
Pencils – There’s nothing like writing with a classic No. 2 pencil. If you have not had the chance in some time, be sure to give one a spin. They feel so good when freshly sharpened. I promise this classic writing tool will become your new favorite once again.
Erasers – I love these pretty pink erasers that are great to stash just about everywhere. I buy a big pack and they make their way into everyone’s pencil box.
Paper Clips – These colorful clips can help organize all your loose papers, everywhere.
Gum Balls – Because they are oversized and pearly white, and the perfect treat for visitors.
Clipboard – Off-site tours, check-ins, attendee registrations. I always have a few on-hand, and a simple gold upgrade brings them to a whole new level.
- Catch All Tray – Collect as you go, and fill them with little trinkets that are functional (or not!). Perfect place for stamps, jax or thumb tacks.
- Wooden Thumb tacks – Mood boards, Schedules, Be Right Back — the original ‘pin’ possibilities are endless.
- Notecards – There’s so much to be thankful for, why note write a note?! Keep notecards handy so that you’re ready and timely with sharing the love.
- Paper Weight – This wooden paper weight is a favorite. Not only is the diamond shape spectacular, but it holds down my to-do lists or is perfectly perched on my latest stack of magazines.
- Gold Swingline – The new office standard, this beautiful gold Swingline is simply an workspace must-have. Don’t look away, or it may go missing.
What’s on your desk this season?
Styling by Denell Pepin
Photography by Megan Belanger