Yesterday we shared a rustic winter brunch tablescape styled by Katie Meyers of Meyers Styles and Quinn Cooper of Quinn Cooper Style. Today we’ve got their recipe for one of the standout snacks of the brunch! These darling little egg cups will be the stars of your next gathering. Make sure to make enough for everyone— they’ll get picked up fast!
—2 russet potatoes, peeled
—1/2 teaspoon salt
—½ teaspoon of ground pepper
—1 shallot, minced
—1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
—1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
—8 medium eggs
—3 chives minced and used for garnishing
—Cheese cloth or strainer
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Peel both russet potatoes and grate. Strain the juices from the shredded potato in cheese cloth or a strainer.
3. Transfer the shredded potato to a bowl and add the salt, minced shallot, paprika and ground pepper.
4. Place a couple of spoonfuls of seasoned potato in each well greased muffin tin. Form a cup shape within the muffin tin. Make sure to bring the potato right up to the edges, as it will shrink when baked.
5. Place in the oven for 10-15 mins until golden brown around the edges.
6. Lower the temperature to 350F. Place 1 teaspoon of sharp cheddar cheese in the bottom of each potato cup. Then add an egg to each one.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 10mins or until the egg whites are cooked through.
8. Let the egg cups set for 1-2 minutes, then use a knife around the edge of each cup and remove gently. Place on a plate. Garnish each cup with minced chives.