Looking for a bit of refreshing drink inspiration as the colder months leave us and the sun begins to shine bright? We have just the thing! We’re thrilled to have Lauren Kelp here to share this gorgeous Grapefruit and Lemongrass cocktail. Read on for more!
Are you ready to be delightfully surprised? Whiskey is making a comeback and fancy infused gin cocktails are all the rage, but have you tried a sake cocktail? Me neither!
I was a bit skeptical because it is totally out of my comfort zone, but this grapefruit and lemongrass cocktail is nothing short of divine. The citrus and ginger combinations make you feel like you are sitting on the coast in a little sundrenched café. It’s delightful and totally surprising. To be honest, I have never really had sake outside of the oh-so-classic sake bombs, but this little cocktail has changed all of that.
If you are a fan of muddling or a complex flavor structure (without all the work of infusing things) this cocktail is absolutely for you! Swing by your grocery store on the way home tonight and give this guy a try. You might just be as delightfully surprised as I was!
- 2 Tbsp. chopped lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp. chopped ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 large Grapefruit
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together lemongrass, ginger, and sugar until pulp like.
- Add in lemon juice, grapefruit juice, sake, and a few handfuls of ice. Shake vigorously until shaker is chilled.
- Strain into stemless wine glasses and garnish with some lemongrass shoots.
Styling: Lauren Kelp
Photography: Sylvia Krzysztofek