Who says you can only grill in the summertime? Today we’ve got a fresh and flavorful grilled herb chicken recipe by our exclusive contributor, Beth Jacques of Food, Fashion, and Fun. After marinating, it only takes a few minutes to grill this rich meal to perfection. Here’s what Beth has to say:
“This recipe is reminiscent of summer, but is great anytime of the year. The freshness of the herbs is refreshing, particularly the mint. Marinating the chicken before you grill really lets the flavors permeate the meat, and the red pepper flakes give a bit of heat and depth of flavor.”
—1/2 cup chives
—1/2 cup mint
—1/2 cup cilantro
—1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
—2 tablespoons salt
—1 teaspoon pepper
—1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
—1/4 cup milk
—1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. Using a blender, combine chives, mint, cilantro, olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes, and milk until smooth.
2. In a baking dish or a plastic bag with a seal, pour the herb mixture over chicken.
3. Let chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Remove from fridge and place on a hot grill.
5. Grill each side for about 3-5 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from the grill, then let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes. Serve.