I was inspired by these prosciutto wrapped mission figs I had at a local restaurant recently, and it got me thinking about what else I could throw on the grill fruit wise? For this recipe I decided to work with local seasonal nectarines which I wrapped with prosciutto and basted with balsamic vinegar. The dish is finished with crumbled gorgonzola and snippets of fresh rosemary. Try them out!
nectarines (ripe but firm)
thin sliced prosciutto
white balsamic vinegar
1. Cut nectarines into crescents, and toss in olive oil.
2. Wrap nectarines with prosciutto and place on skewers.
3. Grill skewers a few minutes on each side on a hot grill. (I used a grill pan, a bbq will work even better)
4. Baste nectarines with white balsamic as you go on each side.
5. Plate, and sprinkle with gorgonzola and fresh rosemary snippets.