BFFFers, it’s time to put on your party hats— literally! As promised, today we’ve got the DIY tutorial for the cute disco ball hats that Stacy Wichelhaus made for her Chic Blue and White Birthday Party. These little hats are a cinch to make and add a stylish pop to any party outfit. Try them out at a birthday celebration or baby shower, or stock up for your next New Year’s Eve bash (it’s never too early to start planning). You might find yourself throwing parties just as an excuse to wear them!
DISCO BALL PARTY HAT
—Party hat template (Download)
—Miniature disco ball
1. Print the party hat template and cut it out.
2. Trace the template onto the cardstock and cut it out.
3. Fold the party hat into shape, fold in the securing flaps, and mark your cut lines.
4. Use the X-Acto knife to cut and slide in the secure flaps, and fold them out to hold the hat in shape.
5. Poke holes on the bottom of each side of the hat – thread the elastic string through the hole and tie a knot.
6. Glue the festooning around the bottom of the hat.
7. Place hot glue around the bottom of the disco ball and secure to the top of the hat.