– Cardboard letters spelling out your desired word (I chose the word “FUN”)
– Black craft acrylic paint
– Miniature mirrors (I used a combination of 3/4″ mirrors and 1/2″ mirrors)
– Regular pushpins
– A hot glue gun and glue gun sticks
1. To begin, paint the entire front surface and side surfaces of my letters black. The black color behind the mirrors really makes the little mirrors more reflective.
2. Next, I used the hot glue gun to glue mini mirrors to the front and side surfaces of each letter. Because some letters have rounded corners and you are working with square mirrors you will want to use a combination of 3/4″ mirrors and 1/2″ mirrors to cover the surfaces as best as possible.
3. Flip the letter over so that the mirrors are facing down. Next, place a dab of hot glue on the face side of a pushpin. Glue the pushpin to the back of the letter- use approximately 5 pushpins on the back of each letter.
4. Now push those letters directly into a wall to create some fabulous wall decor.