Are you looking for a festive dish to spice up a weeknight dinner? These Jack-o-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers are such an easy dinner idea that your whole family will love.
- 4 orange bell peppers
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 box of RICE-A-RONI Beef Flavor
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- shredded mozzarella for topping
- Cut the top off of bell peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare RICE-A-RONI according to packaging instructions.
- Mix RICE-A-RONI and cooked ground beef together.
- Mix tomato paste, water, and brown sugar and combine the mixture with rice and ground beef.
- Spoon mixture into each bell pepper, top each pepper with cheese, and put the top of the bell pepper back on.
- Place peppers cut-side up in a baking dish with a little bit of water. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and pepper tops and broil for a few minutes to crisp the cheese.
- Serve with additional cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.