Looking for an incredibly bold and flavorful cheesecake recipe? We think this Layered Roasted Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake from Melina at Sugary and Buttery will do the trick! Read on to find out more about this unique treat from Melina!
“When it comes to sweets, cheesecake has always been a creamy classic. But with the irresistible combination of roasted strawberries and white chocolate, this recipe takes the decadent dessert to the next level. With layer upon layer of delight, this cheesecake is guaranteed to be a hit at your next get-together!”
–1 cup all-purpose flour
–1/2 cup cornstarch
–6 large eggs, separated
–1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
–3/4 cup sugar
–Pinch of salt
CHEESECAKE FILLING INGREDIENTS:
–3 cups fresh strawberries
–1 tablespoon sugar
–1 pound nonfat greek yogurt
–8 ounces cream cheese
–1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
–2 1/2 packs gelatin
–3/4 cup water
–6 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and butter an 11 by 17 baking sheet.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg yolks, vanilla, and sugar on high until thick and pale (about 3 minutes).
- Combine the egg whites and salt in a separate bowl, and beat on medium speed until soft peaks form (about 1 1/2 minutes). With the mixer running, slowly add the remaining 6 tablespoons of sugar. Continue beating until stiff and glossy (about 1 minute).
- Fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the flour, and cornstarch in three additions. Pour the batter onto the baking sheet, and bake until light golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Let the cake cool down for at least 15 minutes, and then cut out 2 whole circles using a 6-inch cookie cutter and 2 half circles (You will have to stick them together later).
- For the strawberry filling, start with roasting the strawberries. Spread the washed strawberries on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes until strawberries are soft. Then transfer them into a blender and puree.
- Combine the greek yogurt and the cream cheese in the bowl of your stand mixer, and mix on medium-high speed until well combined. Spoon out 1 cup, and set aside. Mix in the strawberry puree, and sift in the powdered sugar. Continue to mix on low speed until well combined.
- For the white chocolate filling, melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Once it’s melted and cooled down a little, mix it into the reserved cup of yogurt-cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 3/4 cup of water, and let it dissolve. Then slowly warm up the gelatin on your stove over low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the gelatin into the white chocolate filling and the rest into the strawberry mix. Stir until well combined.
- To assemble the cake, line the sides of 3 separate 6-inch cheesecake pans with parchment paper. Put the spongecake circles on the bottom of each pan. Divide the white chocolate cheesecake filling on top of the spongecakes, and even it out. Put the pan in your freezer for 10 minutes to let the layers set.
- Then divide the strawberry cheesecake filling among the pans, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Once the cakes are set and firm, stack them on top of each other, and garnish with fresh strawberries.
What’s your favorite cheesecake recipe? Tell us about it in the comments!