Ready for a delicious comfort food recipe? This Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is sure to become your whole family’s new favorite!
- 7 pounds russet potatoes peeled halved and boiled
- 1 cup cooked real bacon bits
- 1 1/2 cup FAGE sour cream
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup bacon, for topping
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, for topping
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, for topping
- Prep your mashed potatoes first. Add water and salt to a pot, add peeled and halved potatoes, and boil for 30 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes.
- With a hand mixer, mix in the cream, butter, and salt.
- Fold in the sour cream, cheese, bacon bits, and garlic.
- Once your mashed potatoes are ready, spread them into a baking dish and top with additional cheese and bacon.
- Bake your casserole at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Finish off the casserole with chopped green onions before serving. It’s that easy!