This post is brought to you by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own.
This time of year is seriously the best. I am a HUGE dessert fan, and I love any excuse to bake. Since Charlie is old enough now, he also loves to join in on the fun! One of my tips when baking with little ones is to always have all the messy stuff out of the way, and to just let them have fun with it. Sometimes the magic is really in the mess. Ha! I say this until I am on my hands and knees wiping up the sticky sugar off the floor. ;)
When we make our frosting recipes here, we usually use one generic vanilla frosting base and add in different mixtures. I knew there had to be a way to do this with a sugar cookie recipe too. After searching high and low, I recently stumbled upon this great, easy Make It Yours™ cookie dough recipe by Country Crock® that’s the PERFECT base for any cookie. Let me tell you, this has been a lifesaver for the holidays! It’s the only cookie recipe I will be using from now on!
The best part about using a base recipe is that the dough can be customized with any mix-ins you’d like – chocolate chips, sprinkles, coconut – you name it! Just start with this cookie recipe as your base and mix in your favorite sweet treats to customize it entirely as your own!
I am a sucker for all things animal cookies, so I decided to hit up the cookie jar sitting right on my counter and use pink and white frosted animal cookies and white chocolate chips. I must confess, Charlie’s favorite part is dumping the mix-ins in. My favorite part?! Eating them with a big tall glass of milk of course! ;)
I am seriously in love with this recipe and so happy that I am able to make it my own with these pink animal cookies and white chocolate chips. I just want to share it with everyone and shout it from the rooftops! ;) One of my BFFs and fellow blogger Victoria from A Subtle Revelry shared the Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe from Country Crock® with me and I am SO thankful she did. Now I want to “spread the sweet” with one of my other blogger BFFs Leah from Freutcake. Can’t wait to see what you come up with girlfriend!Print
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate cups
- 1 cup broken pink animal cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock spread, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins. For this recipe we used white chocolate chips and broken pink animal cookies.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.