I have heard so much hype about how amazing Paradise Bakery’s Sugar Cookies are. Guess what? We have the famous recipe. I definitely plan on baking Paradise Bakery’s Sugar Cookies this Christmas for a Cookie Exchange. I cannot begin to tell you how much hype I have heard about the recipe. Everyone says they are the best. I am ecstatic to have my hands on this recipe.
Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups shortening
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 1/3 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Plain or colored sugar, for decorating
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugars and shortening using an electric mixer.
- Mix on slow speed 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add vanilla and beaten egg while mixing.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop and roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.