I REALLY love the dalmatian pattern, whether it be in fashion, interior, or COOKIES! ;) Well, let me take that back. There are certain types of dalmatian patterns I love and of course certain color palettes I love it with as well. I just haven’t seen it executed enough on light pink, so I hope to play a small part to change that on the internet today! ;)
I’ve been holding on to this post for quite some time. We were going to drop it right before Valentine’s Day, but I wanted to hold off a bit longer. Hearts are such a BIG part of the BFFF brand that we’re incorporating hearts into our content all year around.
These pink dalmatian cookies are perfect for so many fun milestones – including the every day “just because” moments too! Add them to your baby shower, sorority party, work party, classroom party, or even your wedding.
Did I tell you how easy these were to make??! Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe and bake. Dye your icing the perfect hue of pink! And the dalmatian pattern? All you have to do is create black polka dots and run a toothpick through them. So simple!
Okay, back to a whole slew of dessert recipes we’ll be pumping out in a matter of days. Can’t wait to share ALL of these ideas with you. Hope you’re finally getting some sunshine on your end. Sending you all bear hugs!
How To Make Pink Dalmatian Heart Cookies
Basic Rolled Sugar Cookie Recipe from Karen’s Cookies
Royal Icing Recipe from Karen’s Cookies
Two pastry bags
Heart shaped cookie cutter
Pink gel food dye
Black gel food dye
- Make your pink and black royal icing and heart sugar cookies. (Hint: use one drop of pink food gel dye to get a light pink, and the entire bottle of black food gel dye for the black royal icing!)
- Fill one pastry bag with the black royal icing, and the other with the pink royal icing.
- Use the pink to pipe along the borders of the heart cookie, then fill in the middle.
- With the black royal icing, make Dalmatian spots on the pink heart creating a Dalmatian pattern.
SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH + ROYAL ICING RECIPES
- SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ROYAL ICING
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoons almond extract
- To make your sugar cookie dough, mix your butter, sugar, vanilla extracts, and egg.
- Next, gradually add your baking soda, flour and cream of tartar. Let dough chill for at least two hours.
- Roll your dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Use your heart cookie cutter to create heart shapes.
- Place your sugar cookie dough hearts on your baking sheet.
- Bake for six to eight minutes at 375 degrees. Let cool completely!
- Next, for your royal icing, beat all ingredients together until stiff peaks form (about 10 minutes).
- Add water to thin your consistency or add powdered sugar to thicken the consistency if needed.