Looking to add a little fun to your frosting? Calling all Pop Rocks fans! This frosting is literally exploding with flavor and fun! It’s especially perfect for any kid’s party. I am planning on making these for Charlie’s 7th birthday party next summer. And the best part? You can make any flavor using a variety of Pop Rocks!
This frosting is just exploding with flavor. Maybe it has been a while since you’ve popped these fun candies into your mouth and now you have a reason to. With different flavors to choose from, your frosting has some color options, and mixing it up for an extra colorful frosting is absolutely an option! Bubble Gum Pop Rocks are my absolute favorite flavor. But again, I’ve never met anything pink I didn’t like. Get your rock on with our recipe and don’t forget to share your cupcakes by tagging #SoBestFriendsForFrosting!
POP ROCKS FROSTING RECIPEPrint Recipe
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 6 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 4 bags of bubble gum Pop Rocks divided (or any other flavor)
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping the bowl once light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla to the mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth; set aside.
- Fold 3 bags of Pop Rocks into frosting.
- Once I frosted the cupcakes, I used the last bag of Pop Rocks on top as sprinkles. Enjoy! :)