To create the perfect tailgate party atmosphere, on location or at home, there’s a few things we like to always have on hand: poufs and pillows to keep everyone cozy, refreshing beverages like Smirnoff ICE that are inspired by the game or season, and simple party foods that work well for a crowd. Oh, and don’t forget a few festive details! Add in gold trinkets, pretty paper napkins, and classic DIY projects for good measure. Once you combine these simple items, you’ll definitely be ready for tailgating in style!
Now that football season is officially in full swing, we know that all of the guys are grabbing their beers and gearing up for the game. But it’s not just for them! Most of us gals get just as excited about football season as the next guy does. And who wouldn’t?? Great game, great food, great company, and great drinks! Add in great decor and a few fun activities, and you’re sure to have the best tailgating set up around.
We decided to take the party inside, but that doesn’t mean we need to miss out on any of the fun. First, we used Washi Tape to help us set the perfect stage for our football gathering. Go big with a Gold Washi Tape truck silhouette for a backdrop in the house. Toy with the idea of adding Washi tape to mason jars in the shape of footballs for an extra special touch.
Gather all of your friends, your favorite snacks, and offer them a few great drinks made with refreshing Smirnoff ICE to kick things off right. We absolutely love the way that Smirnoff ICE drinks can be incorporated in to any theme. They’re so versatile! And once you get inspired by flavors and add a little bit of creativity to the mix, you’re sure to be unstoppable!
Mix up this first drink for the perfect fall touch. We’re smack dab in the middle of apple season, so the tart flavor profile of this Caramel Apple Envy drink, paired with a touch of caramel, is just seasonal perfection!
Combine the following ingredients to make a Caramel Apple Envy:
- 11.2 oz. bottle of Smirnoff ICE Green Apple
- 1.25 oz. sour mix
- Caramel Sauce to coat rim
- Sliced green apple for garnish
Next up on the menu we have a great fruity beverage to take you back to the hot days of summertime. This Screwdriver Mimosa is just what you need to get the party started! Treat your friends to this bubbly cocktail for perfect refreshment.
Combine the following ingredients to make a Screwdriver Mimosa:
- 11.2 oz. bottle of Smirnoff ICE Screwdriver
- Splash of Champagne or Sparkling Cider
- Garnish with fresh orange slice
Lastly, top things off with this tried and true cocktail – talk about a game day winner! Be sure to prep the berry skewers for garnish before your party so this cocktail is ready to rock right away!
Combine the following ingredients to make a Berry Original:
- Fill half glass with ice
- Pour half of a bottle of Smirnoff ICE Original into a glass
- Top with a splash of berry juice
- Add a berry skewer for garnish
Now that the drinks are all set and ready go, focusing on the rest of the tailgating details can be so important! These DIY projects are perfect for a crowd that’s ready to really make some noise!
When it comes to organizing for a social gathering, we love the idea of making each element super easy for guests to manage. One way to do just that is with fun and elegant silverware packs. They allow guests to grab everything they need to eat- in one easy package! And our party packs would not be complete without some festive details.
DIY PARTY PACKS
-small paper bags
-scissors and tape or glue
- Simply trim your paper bag to make sure that all your pack elements will peek out enough so that guests can see what’s stored inside. Include all the elements you’ll need for your menu: cutlery, a straw for that signature drink, and you can even include salt and pepper packs if needed.
- Fold your napkin in half so that it will snugly fit into the paper pocket. Be sure to leave enough of the napkin design showing.
- From there, add embellishments that tie into the party theme. Because we’re hosting a posh tailgate today, we went with metallic and velvet trims that play off the rugby stripe and moss green napkins. Display in a basket for guests to grab!
Lastly, add a whole lot of fun to your decor with these festive DIY Party Pennants. This is a classic design, but when it comes to tailgating, there’s no way we could gather around and cheer on our favorite team without a colorful pennant!
DIY PARTY PENNANTS
-Glue or tape
-Glitter or lettered stickers
- Simply cut out a triangle from your decorative papers. Depending on how good you are with cutting a straight line, you can simply free-style this or use a straight edge to create your desired shape. Once your pennant is cut, simply add text with glue or sticker letters. Trim your dowel to the preferred length and attach your pennant with glue or tape.
- Hand these fun details out to your guests when it comes time to cheer!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Smirnoff ICE. All reviews/opinions expressed in this post are unbiased & based on my personal view. Drink responsibly.