Here at Best Friends For Frosting, we love everything about fall! From the gorgeous colors to the delicious food and drink recipes, we couldn’t be happier. This salad is as delicious as it is beautiful. This roasted acorn squash salad recipe is great for two or perfect for doubling and having a small dinner party. Check out her recipe below:
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH SALAD RECIPE
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeds removed and sliced into 1/2′-inch crescents
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place acorn squash on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 -35 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- To prepare the salad, start with about 1 cup of arugula. Top with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, pepitas and acorn squash.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together garlic, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey. Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil while continuously whisking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top salad with dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe, Photography and Styling for Best Friends for Frosting by: Jessica Potts, A Happy Food Dance