Salt water taffy is a sweet seaside indulgence, but as summer becomes a collection of sun-soaked memories, these vibrant, chewy morsels are being repurposed to brighten another day in another way by adorning the top of your celebration cake! This Salt Water Taffy Monogram Cake Topper is a simple and colorful way to bring loads of ooey-gooey, playful style to any party. It’s whimsical, it’s for the color lovers, and it’ll leave any sweet tooth feeling satisfied long after the cake is gone.
SALT WATER TAFFY MONOGRAM CAKE TOPPER
SALT WATER TAFFY MONOGRAM CAKE TOPPER MATERIALS:
-Needle nose pliers
-Salt water taffy
STEP BY STEP SALT WATER TAFFY MONOGRAM CAKE TOPPER INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Refrigerate taffy for about an hour prior to making the monogram topper.
2. Cut a section of the hanger with the wire cutter, making sure the wire piece is long enough to form the letter. Choose the size of your letter based on cake proportions. Clean the wire with dish soap. Dry thoroughly.
3. Using the needle nose pliers, shape the letter. If shaping the letter freehand isn’t your style, choose a font on the computer, type the letter, enlarge it, then print it. Use this printout as a basic template.
4. Pierce the chilled saltwater taffy piece by piece until the wire letter frame is covered, leaving a couple inches at the bottom free of taffy to allow the topper to sit deep enough to be supported. (Note: Depending on the size of the topper, it can be quite heavy. Leave plenty of room at the bottom to securely anchor the topper into the cake).
5. Adorn the celebration cake.
Can you think of another way to repurpose salt water taffy?