Today we’re talking about the BEST Smoked Chicken Greek Tacos recipe! I pulled this recipe from Traeger’s website, and it’s a new family favorite we’ve had on repeat for months! We made these over and over during the summer months, and I can’t stop thinking about them. Seriously so good! But unlike your traditional tacos, these have a little bit of a Greek twist, which I absolutely love. We ended up using our Traeger Grill to cook the meat to perfection for these tacos. I’m seriously still over here dreaming about them. I am craving tacos as I type this!
With the holidays just around the corner, let’s just talk for a second about what to buy for all of those special guys in your life. Sometimes guys can be the HARDEST people in the whole entire world to shop for! Every holiday season, I always struggle the most with buying gifts for Andy, my dad, and my father in-law. I have a rule of thumb that whatever I buy cannot have a chance to sit in a corner and collect dust. If I am not certain on what to buy someone, I play it safe and buy a gift card. But I think I finally cracked the code for buying the perfect present for that hard to shop for guy in your life!
So, let’s rewind for a quick second. My dad wanted a Traeger for years and years. He was obsessed! He would spend hours watching YouTube videos on recipe tutorials and studying the products. Last Father’s Day, I ended up going all out and I bought my dad and Andy a Traeger Grill with all the essentials. And let me tell you, this grill is NOT like any other grill. I call it the Nordstrom of grills because I have never tasted ANYTHING like the meats and recipes we have made with our Traeger. Well, now it’s almost Christmas and I am heading back to get the guys BBQ accessories for their grills. Easy present solution!
One of the amazing things about this Traeger Grill is the digital pro controller that maintains a +/- 15 degree F temperature for precision grilling. This baby has the capability to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and BBQ! Seriously, it does it all – you can make amazing pulled pork sandwiches, Dutch baby pies, even roasted cinnamon almonds. And don’t forget the tacos! ;) Plus, it can hold up to 40 burgers, which made this the perfect addition for parties and get-togethers.
Over the past several months, we have had countless opportunities to bust out the Traeger at our house and my parents’ house too (for my new friends here, I can literally walk to my parents’ house within 5 minutes). Since we live so close, we entertain together a lot. The first recipe Andy made on the Traeger was smoked Salmon Jerky – it was amazing! Recently we just cooked the fish Charlie caught at Apple Hill a couple weeks back – so good!
What I love is how Traeger has an entire community of social media pages and branded products and they even have their own recipe books! And definitely the recipe we made the most this past summer (a total family fave) are these Greek Chicken Tacos. The marinade for this recipe is seriously SO good! Plus, you could totally make this in bigger batches and save for a later date! ;) All you need is some Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy Rub, juice and zest from a lemon, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, fresh chopped oregano, salt, pepper, and marjoram and the Traeger does the rest!
With the holidays coming up fast, I know many of you will be starting your Christmas shopping soon (or maybe already have). This is seriously such a great gift idea for those hard to shop for guys in your life! Plus, with all of the extra accessories, rubs, and sauces they carry you will have gift ideas for years to come! ;) And, with the guys in your life equipped with such a great grill, they can keep cooking up great recipes like this one for taco night! Talk about a win-win!
The Ultimate Traeger Shopping List
For my dad:
(2) of each of the sauces, (12) Rib Racks, (6) Pellet storage buckets, (6) bucket liners, (2) all natural grill cleaners, (2) Large cut BBQ spatulas, (2) BBQ spatulas, (2) BBQ food trays, (2) Sauce Mops, (2) bottom shelfs, (2) Everyday Traeger Cookbooks, (2) grill racks, (1) cast iron reversible grittle, (1) cast iron skillet, (2) thermometers, (2) magnets, (4) black oven mitts, (2) of each rub, (2) cherry wood smoked salts, (2) Folding front shelf pro series 34, (2) wooden grill scraper, (2) classic thermo tin and rub, (2) pigtail bbq flipper, (2) bbq grilling tongs, (2) smoke shelf, (2) chicken throne, (2) 3 piece grilling tool set , (1) Cold Smoker
These tacos have become a new favorite in our home! This was definitely the recipe we made the most this past summer, and we just can’t stop. Unlike your traditional tacos, these have a bit of a Greek twist. We ended up using our Traeger Grill to cook the meat to perfection for these tacos. The marinade for this recipe is seriously SO good! Plus, you could totally make this in bigger batches and save for a later date!
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy Rub
- Juice and zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
FOR THE TACOS:
- Flour tortillas
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- Handful of fresh mint sprigs
FOR THE TZATZIKI:
- 12 OZ Greek Yogurt
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, grated (remove as much water as possible by squeezing in paper towels)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Pour marinade over chicken and marinate for at least 4 hours, overnight is preferred. When ready to cook, start the Traeger according to grill instructions.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and preheat, lid closed for 10-15 minutes. Cook the chicken until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F. Remove chicken from grill, cool and cut into pieces.
- For the Tzatziki: Place the yogurt and the grated cucumbers in large mixing bowl, add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt. Mix well.
- Place chicken on tortillas, add a spoonful of Tzatziki on top and garnish with tomatoes, red onions and mint. Enjoy!
This post has been sponsored by Traeger. Thank you so much for sponsoring the brands who support BFFF.