What’s even better than creating your own cheery pile of confetti? Capturing it perfectly on camera! Today our contributor Jessica from The Confetti Bar is here with Marisa from Sassy Mouth Photography to share some tips for taking the perfect confetti action shot. Here’s what they have to say:
1. Make sure you use a type of lighter confetti that “floats” nicely. Paper, tissue paper, and light mylar confetti work best. (Try to stay away from heavier metallic pieces, as they will “drop” to the ground heavily rather than float magically.)
2. Grab a nice sized handful so there is a decent pile in both of your hands. Hold your hands close to your mouth, with your fingertips pointing outwards in the direction you want the confetti to go.
3. Have your photographer do a countdown to be sure you’re both on the same page! (1…2…3…BLOW!)
4. On the count of two, take a deep breath, and after three, let it all out! Try to blow from “below” the confetti at the point closest to your mouth first, so it lifts out of your hand.
5. Make sure your photographer snaps a few pictures from start to finish so you can capture the whole process.
Photos by Sassy Mouth Photography
Hair & makeup by Krystalized Designs