Here at BFFF, we love putting new twists on old classics. So these tiramisu sandwich cookies by Tessa of Style Sweet are a dream come true! They’re the perfect sweet individual treats to serve at a party, especially when paired with a cold glass of milk. They’re bursting with chewy, decadent flavor that would satisfy any chocolate lover! Here’s what Tessa has to say:
“One of the most fun ways to create a new recipe is by finding a traditional dish and giving it a new spin. These Tiramisu Sandwich Cookies take the flavors of a classic Italian layered dessert and turn them into a hand-held modern treat. Coffee spiked mascarpone filling is sandwiched between chewy double-chocolate and espresso cookies. While traditional tiramisu can get a bit messy and soggy, these cookie sandwiches are just as easy to whip up as they are to serve at your next party.”
TIRAMISU SANDWICH COOKIES
FOR THE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE AND ESPRESSO COOKIES:
— 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
– -1/4 tsp baking powder
– -1/4 tsp salt
– -1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
— 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
— 1 cup granulated sugar
– -1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
– -3 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup cappuccino or coffee-flavored chips (use chocolate if unavailable).
FOR THE MASCARPONE FILLING:
— 8 ounces or one cup of mascarpone cheese
–1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
–4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
–1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
–2 tablespoons Kahlua liquor or strong espresso
FOR THE COOKIES:
1. Pre – heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Melt chocolate over a double boiler and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
4. With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar.
5. Mix in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
6. Stir in the dry ingredients. Be sure to fully incorporate the dry mixture.
7. Fold in the chips.
8. Using a disher or mechanical cookie scoop, place mounds of batter on the parchment-line baking sheets, at least one inch apart.
9. Moisten fingers with water and gently flatten the tops of the mounds.
10. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the tops are cracked and the centers are set.
11. Cool on a wire rack.
FOR THE FILLING:
1. Cream together the mascarpone and butter.
2. Gradually add in the remaining ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
1. Spread mascarpone filling between two of the cooled, chocolate cookies and ENJOY!