Do you have a child obsessed with unicorns in your house and you’re planning a bedroom makeover? Redoing a bedroom is so fun and exciting! If you’re looking for girl’s unicorn bedroom ideas, this is just for you!
Girl’s Bedroom Ideas
Any other mamas out there feeling like their kids are growing up way too fast?! Who’s with me? It’s sort of a pinch-me moment to watch this milestone finally arrive… We FINALLY took the plunge and upgraded Claire’s toddler bed to a big-girl’s bed! I still can’t believe it! Do you remember when we posted about Claire’s nursery and then her toddler bed? Well, it was time for another upgrade! Time is just flying by and it’s been so much fun documenting the journey on this blog. Claire is growing up way too fast, but I’m so happy I can share this journey with all of you and offer some ideas and inspiration along the way!
Girl’s Bedroom Decor
After looking at all of the kid’s beds on Pottery Barn Kids, I INSTANTLY knew I wanted the Ava Regency Bed for Claire’s room. I usually have a hard time making decisions and can be wishy-washy… but when I found this bed, it was a solid yes! I am obsessed with all its intricate details. It’s seriously so pretty! The bed was inspired by the glamorous furniture from Hollywood’s Golden Age, so the Ava Regency Collection is a classic for a reason. It displays artful curves, applique trim inserts and tapered feet, which are masterfully crafted throughout the collection to bring a cohesive look to the room. It’s overall, just such a gorgeous bed!
Who else has a little girl obsessed with unicorns right now? Claire just can’t get enough! It’s so funny because I actually decorated Claire’s nursery with unicorns before she was born… and to this day, she just LOVES them! To pick out something extra special to go with her new bed, I sat Claire on my lap and we looked at all of the bedding sets together and she picked the EXACT same set that I thought reminded me of her most. It was such a special moment to do this together!
Unicorn Bedroom Set
The bedding set Claire chose has unicorns and rainbows, which are two of her absolute favorite things. The unicorn quilt is the perfect shade of light pink and the details are nostalgic and fun. They remind me of my own childhood in a more modernized way. We also got the unicorn sheets and pillows to match to complete the look, and Claire is obsessed!
Girl’s Bedroom Set
Real life…the other night, I fell asleep in her room and slept in her bed. It’s even more comfortable than my own bed so I am not complaining! ;) Plus, I am sort of obsessed with her blanket as it’s not too hot or too cold. It’s just right!
How to Choose a Bed Size
A few of my friends urged me to get a queen size bed when I was making this move as it works perfectly for a guest room when hosting company…but Claire’s room would have been quite snug so we ended up getting the twin size. It ended up being a great choice! I absolutely love it because she still had enough room for her Pottery Barn Kids Dresser and room for her favorite toys, like her princesses and unicorns! ;)
Looking for more fun ideas for redoing your little girl’s bedroom? I just can’t get over how this turned out. Both Claire and I are obsessed this with Unicorn Bedroom!
1. Now that she is getting older, storage has been becoming a problem. But this Toy Storage Bin is the perfect solution to that! The size allows all of her toys to fit and be put away, which makes this mama happy!
2. I see Claire dancing around and looking at herself in this wooden mirror. I love the size of it and it’s super cute!
3. Claire loves keeping this Seahorse Table Lamp on all night! She loves that it is a seahorse and calls it her friend. ;)
4. I gave in! Claire was BEGGING me for this Brooke & Lou Wall Art piece ever since I hung it up on the wall. Since we were planning on redecorating her room, I figured this would be the perfect time to add this piece in!
5. With Claire’s unicorn obsession, I couldn’t resist this Rainbow Unicorn Quilt. It is SUPER cozy and the perfect addition to her bedroom!
6. Claire definitely outgrew her toddler bed, and it was time for a big girl bed. Claire helped me pick out this Ava Regency Bed and I love it! But it means my baby is growing up fast, time needs to slow down!
7. I am a big fan of rugs, so of course I had to keep up with theme and get a pink Plush Polka Dot Rug! It is super soft and Claire loves walking all over it!
8. One of my other favorite additions are these Organic Unicorn Rainbow Sheets. These sheets are SUPER soft, and I love that they are made with organic cotton! I know these sheets are going to last a long time, and good thing because Claire is obsessed with them too!
9. This Cloud Island Table Lamp is one of my favorite lamps! I use it as her night light and it fits so well in her unicorn theme!
10. And what is a bed without decorative pillows? Even Claire will have the most stylish bed. ;) This Unicorn Decorative Pillow is one of Claire’s favorite items, she loves sleeping with it and says it makes her a unicorn too!
11. And what is a big girl bed without a big girl dresser? Now we have the room to put all of her clothes in one place and she is able to help me put away her clothes easily!
12. This Coral Piece has been SUCH a big hit. She seriously stares at it all day!
Bedroom Makeover Ideas
I still just can’t believe that it was already time to upgrade Claire’s bed to a big girl bed, but here we are! She had so much fun the first night she slept in her room with everything all together, and she pulled out her new favorite Ella Dress to match! Time goes by so fast, especially with little kids, but we had SO much fun picking out her bedding and accessories together to make sure it was something she would absolutely love. Are any of my fellow mamas planning to upgrade their kid’s room soon? I’d love to hear all about your plans in the comments below!
This post was sponsored by Pottery Barn Kids, but all opinions are my own.