Okay so this is probably my last Watermelon Dessert Recipe share of the summer. =) My mom and I are totally digging on this Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe Dessert Recipe. You can grab the recipe at Taste Of Home.
Watermelon Ice Cream Bombe Dessert Recipe
- About 1 pint lime sherbet
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 1-1/2-quart mixing bowl with plastic wrap.
- Press slightly softened lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze, uncovered, until firm.
- Spread pineapple sherbet evenly over lime sherbet layer. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. Lime and pineapple sherbet layers should be thin.
- Pack raspberry sherbet in center of sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Just before serving, uncover bowl of molded sherbet. Place a serving plate on the bowl and invert.
- Remove bowl and peel off plastic wrap. Cut the bombe into wedges; press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry section of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds.