Greek Yogurt has been trending from one refrigerator to another, but why is it so popular?! Because it’s high in protein, and its thick and creamy consistency can make anything fabulous from dressings to dips to…frosting! Greek yogurt is all natural, with NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives. It is made by using a traditional straining technique, offering a naturally thick and creamy consistency. It’s low in calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium, all while being high in PROTEIN. This week, we had a chance to check out Voskos Greek Yogurt. We sampled several flavors and developed a recipe incorporating Vosko’s Wild Strawberry Greek Yogurt.
Wild Strawberry Greek Yogurt Frosting
- 1/2 cup Wild Strawberry Voskos Greek Yogurt, strained
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- It’s very important to strain your Greek Yogurt at least one night prior to making your frosting. You can do this by placing paper towels over the yogurt to absorb the liquids. Be sure to refrigerate your yogurt overnight, and incorporate it into your frosting the following day.
- Add Voskos Greek Yogurt and butter to a mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated with a large mixer, and then mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until incorporated. Once your frosting is a creamy consistency, you’re all set to go!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Voskos Greek Yogurt