This blog post is part of a paid Megan Media and Cranberry Marketing Committee #FriendsgivingCranberryContest blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
Remember when I said I was working around the clock creating exciting content for the holidays? This past month has been a cranbelievably fun and wild ride! I am even making up my own words. ;) I have spent hours in our BFFF kitchen creating recipes with my favorite fall ingredients. If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know of my obsession with pumpkin spice, but this time of the year I am also a total cranberry fan girl, so I wanted to create the perfect cranberry recipe for my upcoming Friendsgiving #2 soiree. Anyone remember our last bash?
So after a few trial and errors, the 7 layer cranberry bar recipe was officially born! And can I be the first to wholeheartedly tell you, it is absolutely perfect for Friendsgiving! This 7 layer bar is super delicious and is only continuing to add to my excitement for Friendsgiving! It’s sort of like a Cranberry Bliss Bar’s cousin! Not only is this recipe super easy but it looks and tastes amazing. Speaking of all these crantastic ideas, did you know that a recent survey found that 80% of Americans enjoy cranberries, and that cranberry eaters are healthy, active and adventurous? Yep, that’s right, cranberries are America’s Original Superfruit®, so I highly recommend you grab seconds and thirds at your Friendsgiving bash!
Have an awesome cranberry recipe of your own? Share it with the world and enter for a chance to win $4,000 in prizes in the #FriendsgivingCranberryContest, running through December 19th. Just upload a photo of your finished product (it can also be a decor or beverage idea–but it has to feature the cranberry!) onto your social media with the hashtag #FriendsgivingCranberryContest and upload it at the contest site to enter. For more tips and ideas on how to throw the best Friendsgiving, join me and @uscranberries for a #FriendsgivingCranberryContest Twitter party on November 10 at 7 p.m. (EST). Can’t wait to see everyone’s awesome photos!
7 LAYER CRANBERRY BAR RECIPEPrint Recipe
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- For candied cranberries optional
- 4 cups sugar divided
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces fresh whole cranberries
- The candied cranberries have to sit overnight, so make sure to make them ahead of time!
- In a saucepan combine 2 1/2 cups sugar and all of the water and vanilla. Cook over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved, stirring only once or twice.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add cranberries and remove from heat.
- Let the cranberries cool completely before placing in fridge overnight.
- When you are ready to use the cranberries, strain them (you can keep the syrup if you’d like, but you wont need it for this recipe).
- Add cranberries to 1 1/2 cups sugar and mix together until all cranberries are coated in sugar.
- Let the candied cranberries sit on baking dish for at least 2 hours before using.
- Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees for the cranberry bars.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter; press into prepared pan for an even crust. I used a 17.5” x 12.5” baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Pour half the can of sweetened condensed milk evenly onto the crust. You can do this while the crust is still warm.
- In a bowl, mix together white chocolate chips, walnuts, coconut, and dried cranberries. When ready, pour onto crust and distribute evenly.
- Pour the second half of the sweetened condensed milk over the toppings evenly, making sure to get into the corners of the pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until coconut begins to become golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting.