Ready for your new favorite quick and easy no bake dessert? Banana pudding is a total classic, and no bake banana cream bars are the perfect hack to recreate this dessert in minutes!
Quick Dessert Recipe
Whether you have nostalgic memories of banana cream pie, or you’re just a banana cream lover, this dessert is definitely for you! There’s no need to take hours to bake a pie crust or make banana filling from scratch with this hack. With just a handful of simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you’ll have dessert on the table!
Banana Cream Pie
I’m so excited to show you how to make this quick and easy no bake dessert. No bake desserts such as a fun and colorful ice cream sandwich cake, chocolate lasagna, and strawberry shortcake donuts are big hits around here, but we’ve added a new favorite to the mix! I’ve been obsessed with banana cream pie since I was little, but it can take so much time to make. This semi-homemade hack means dessert is ready to enjoy that much faster!
Ingredients for Banana Cream Pie Bars
To get started on making these banana pie bars, grab all of your ingredients. You’ll need ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup butter, melted, 4 tablespoons light corn syrup, one (3.4-ounce) box of banana pudding mix, 1 ½ cups milk, 5 bananas, sliced, and one (8-ounce) container of whipped topping. That’s it!
Expert tip: This is such an easy recipe to make ahead of time. Prep it and put it in the freezer until just before you’re ready to serve!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: To get started on making this recipe, make the crust first. Mix the butter and corn syrup with the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl.
Step 2: Press the graham cracker mixture down into a thin, even layer in a 9X9 pan.
Expert tip: Graham cracker crumbs work great with the banana flavor for the crust, but you can switch it up by using Oreo or Nilla Wafers crumbs too!
Step 3: Add the milk and pudding mix into a bowl and mix it up. Let it sit in the fridge for five minutes to fully set.
Step 4: Add a layer of banana slices on top of the graham cracker crust.
Step 5: Fold one cup of whipped topping into the prepared pudding, and spread a layer over top.
Step 6: Add another layer of sliced bananas.
Expert tip: Want to add even more flavor to the mix? Consider adding in sliced strawberries too for a fun twist!
Step 7: Spread a final layer of whipped topping on top and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Let the dessert set in the freezer for an hour and then serve.
When you’re in a pinch for a quick dessert, this will definitely hit the mark. Plus, it’s always such a popular hit, no matter the occasion. I can’t wait to hear if you make it for your family. Tell me all about it in the comments below!
Banana Cream Bars
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box banana pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
- Prep the crust first. Mix the butter and corn syrup with the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. Press the mixture down into a thin, even layer in a 9X9 pan.
- Add the milk and pudding mix into a bowl and mix it up. Let it sit in the fridge for five minutes to fully set.
- Add a layer of banana slices on top of the graham cracker crust. Fold one cup of whipped topping into the prepared pudding, and spread a layer over top.
- Add another layer of sliced bananas.
- Spread a final layer of whipped topping on top and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Let the dessert set in the freezer for an hour and then serve.