I have a confession…I am totally obsessed with funfetti cake!!! I may or may not have taken my obsession up to a whole new level recently…you be the judge! ;) That whole saying, “a party is a meeting without cake” is one of my favorite quotes. As we have had so many birthday parties coming up (including Claire’s first birthday) I’ve been playing around with unique frosting combinations. I’ve become a little obsessed with taking crumbles of my favorite cookies and cakes and adding it into frosting. For this particular frosting recipe, I literally took birthday funfetti baked cake crumbles and folded them into the frosting. True story! Not only was this frosting super easy to create but it gives any birthday party a festive extra touch. This is definitely one of my new favorite frosting recipes!
BIRTHDAY CAKE BATTER FROSTING RECIPE
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box of Funfetti Cake Mix
- Bake the Funfetti Cake according to the box instructions and let cool.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping the bowl once light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, salt, milk, and vanilla to the mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase the speed to high until frosting is smooth; set aside.
- Crumble 1/3 of the funfetti cake with your hands and place it in the freezer to firm up.
- Once crumbs are cool and hold their shape, fold them into your frosting.
- Once I frosted the cupcakes, I added birthday cake crumbs on top as well!