Cotton Candy Frosting
I have a confession…I’ve never liked the texture of actual cotton candy. This might sound a little bazaar to write in a blog post, but the consistency reminds me of hair. Yuck! Thank goodness it dissolves so quickly. ;) Even though the carnival season is behind us, I think Halloween is such a great time to re-create the fun flavor of cotton candy in an entirely new way.
Can I be the first to tell you that if you’re looking for a cotton candy frosting recipe – THIS IS IT! It has become one of my top favorites. If I ever opened up a bakery, this would be on the shelf every single day. Luckily for you guys, I am not going to do that and instead can just share it right here! ;) Don’t forget to share your cupcakes using this recipe with #sobestfriendsforfrosting! I love seeing what you guys create!
COTTON CANDY FROSTING RECIPEPrint Recipe
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cotton candy flavor
- red food coloring as needed
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add all butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping the bowl once light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth.
- Once I frosted the cupcakes, I sprinkled non nonpareils on top. Enjoy! :)
about how many cupcakes does this frost?
Thank you in advance :)
Did you use LorAnn’s cotton candy flavor? Looks yummy!
So adorable I love these !! What piping tip did you use?
What brand of cotton candy oil did you use?
I got the cotton candy from the amusement park but it’s pretty much for an extra flair of decor. Use any you would like!
Can you please let us know what piping tips you used. Thanks
Doesn’t turn out with a cotton candy flavor but a vanilla one. It is really good though. It’s light and fluffy.