I have a confession…I’ve never liked the texture of actual cotton candy. This might sound a little bazaar to write in a blog post, but the consistency reminds me of hair. Yuck! Thank goodness it dissolves so quickly. ;) Even though the carnival season is behind us, I think Halloween is such a great time to re-create the fun flavor of cotton candy in an entirely new way.
Can I be the first to tell you that if you’re looking for a cotton candy frosting recipe – THIS IS IT! It has become one of my top favorites. If I ever opened up a bakery, this would be on the shelf every single day. Luckily for you guys, I am not going to do that and instead can just share it right here! ;) Don’t forget to share your cupcakes using this recipe with #sobestfriendsforfrosting! I love seeing what you guys create!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cotton candy flavor
- red food coloring, as needed
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, add all butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping the bowl once light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth.
- Once I frosted the cupcakes, I sprinkled non nonpareils on top. Enjoy! :)