We’ve got the scoop on a summery treat that’s sure to impress! These Snow Cone Cupcakes put a sophisticated spin on a favorite childhood treat. Our founder Melissa Johnson created them and they were featured in The Party Dress Magazine too. They’re a breeze to make and a delight to eat. Serve them at your next backyard gathering to leave your guests in awe of your baking prowess!
– 6 baked cupcakes
– 5 cups white icing
– 2 containers sugar sprinkles
- Remove the wrapper from each cupcake, and place inside 4-ounce Styrofoam cups.
- Place frosting in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes to stiffen.
- After the icing becomes firm, use an ice cream scooper to place one scoop of icing on top of each cupcake.
- Pour pink sugar sprinkles into a small bowl. While holding the base of your cupcake over the bowl of sprinkles, gently roll the icing in the sprinkles until it is thoroughly coated. Be sure to pat the cupcake gently to make sure the sprinkles stick. Add more sprinkles if you notice any bare spots on your cupcakes.
- Insert a colorful straw at a tilted angle, and enjoy!
What color combination would you use for your Snow Cone Cupcakes?
Photography by: Chantel Elder of Eleakis and Elder Photography