Spring is just around the corner! Here at Best Friends For Frosting, we are switching over our wardrobes, catching up on spring cleaning, and making our favorite springtime desserts! We love the bright and airy desserts that come with this beautiful season, and these Spring Celebration Brownies by Beth of Food, Fashion, and Fun are sure to brighten up anyone’s day! Here is what she has to say:
When it comes to springtime, we know that your family wants to get out there in the sunshine and have some fun. Whether it’s spring sports at school or fishing trips, everybody’s schedules don’t always add up. That’s why it’s so important to spend that time together gathered around the dinner table.
Adding dessert as an after-dinner treat is a surefire way to keep your family at the dinner table a little bit longer. With a little help, you can pull off a quick and easy dinner and dessert pairing that will not only impress your family, but leave them asking for more! And the best part? You can pull this off any day of the week!
Today we’re sharing these Spring Celebration Brownies from the Bisquick‘s Betty Crocker Collection and pairing it with Chicken, Cheese, and Ham Bundles for dinner. Think of how thrilled your family will be when they find out they get both a delicious, homemade dinner and brownies on a weekday. And most importantly, think about how accomplished you’ll feel pulling off a fantastic weekday meal your family will love!
SPRING CELEBRATION BROWNIES
Makes 12 squares
– 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker Original Supreme Premium Brownie Mix
– Water, vegetable oil, and one egg called for one brownie mix box
– 2 cups of miniature marshmallows
– 2/3 cup of pastel-colored candy-coated chocolate candies
– 3 tablespoons of semisweet or milk chocolate chips
– 1/4 teaspoon of shortening
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
2. Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening.
3. Mix and bake brownies as directed on box.
8. Cool completely.
9. For easier cutting, use plastic knife dipped in hot water. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
CHICKEN, CHEESE, AND HAM BUNDLE
– 2 cups of Original Bisquick Mix
– 1 tablespoon of Mexican seasoning blend
– 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
– 1/2 cup of boiling water
– 2 slices (3/4 oz each) of jalapeno jack cheese
– 1 cup of cooked ham, chopped into 1 inch pieces
– 1 cup of uncooked chicken breast, chopped into 1 inch pieces
– 1 tablespoon of butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, Mexican seasoning blend, pepper, and boiling water with fork until dough forms.
3. Divide dough into fourths and then place pieces on surface dusted with Bisquick mix.
4. Roll in Bisquick mix to coat and then press each piece into 7×5-inch rectangles that are about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Place equals amounts of chicken and ham in the center of each piece of dough.
6. Top chicken and ham with 1/2 slice of cheese.
7. Starting at 7-inch side, roll up each bundle.
8. Press ends and seam to seal then tuck ends under.
9. On an un-greased cookie sheet, place the seam side of the bundle down.
10. Brush with butter then place in the oven to bake 25 to 33 minutes.
11. Serve with a salad and your favorite ranch dressing!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.