One of our most popular recipes on Best Friends For Frosting is this Fluffy Strawberry Buttercream Frosting recipe. I posted about this way back in 2010 when Best Friends For Frosting first started, which means I used a low resolution camera to take the photos–eek! After so many comments and such positive feedback, I was confident this recipe was worthy of makeover photos. For those who have already tried this Fluffy Strawberry Buttercream Frosting recipe, rest assured, the recipe is the same, but the photos are new and improved. I embellished each cupcake with shiny, shimmery pink gumballs and edible striped straws for an extra special touch.
If you prefer your frosting on the sweet side and love strawberries, this recipe is for you. It easily pipes onto cupcakes and serves well as a cake filling, too. This is one of my top favorite frosting recipes!
Recipe developed by Melissa Johnson
–1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, room temperature
–1 teaspoon vanilla extract
–1/3 cup strawberry preserves
–2 cups powdered sugar
–1 drop of hot pink gel dye
- Beat butter with hand mixer for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, and beat until incorporated.
- Add strawberry preserves, and beat until incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Mix until frosting is fluffy with medium peaks.
- Add 1 drop of hot pink gel dye. Mix until frosting color is fully incorporated.
Do you have a favorite frosting recipe? Tell us about it in the comments!
Photos for Best Friends For Frosting, photographed by Milou & Olin Photography.