Looking for easy holiday entertaining recipes? These fun and festive recipes are sure to impress your guests!
Festive Holiday Snacks
The holiday season is officially right around the corner! Can you believe it?! Once the leaves start to change and the weather gets cooler, it’s always the tell-tale sign of the holidays coming right up. My favorite time of year! This is always such a special time to dive into fun and festive recipes to celebrate the season. But it’s always my goal to make recipes that can be ready in minutes and that are super easy! I’m so excited to share a few festive holiday snack recipes with you to get you in the holiday spirit. And the best part? You’ll be able to whip up these impressive bite-sized snacks for a small gathering in no time!
We’re getting the celebration started over here with Evite and Mondelez to make a NABISCO Holiday Cheese Wreath and OREO Cookie Ball Gifts. These are seriously the cutest ways to put together snacks for the holidays. And with such festive, creative recipes, putting something together for a smaller gathering is just as fun. Plus, the best part is that you can find everything you need to make them all in one stop at Target! Whether you grab your ingredients in the store, go for delivery with Shipt, or order for drive-up, it’s that easy. Who doesn’t love effortless entertaining?! Celebrating the holidays at home this year will be made all the more special with these fun snacks as the center of attention!
Ingredients for a Holiday Cheese Wreath
I can’t tell you how obsessed I am with this Holiday Cheese Wreath idea. It’s so festive! All you’ll need to make this recipe is 1 8 oz. brick of cream cheese, 1 6.5 oz. container of garlic and herb cheese spread, 1 cup of drained marinated mixed olives, 1 cup Bocconcini or Ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water, 4 oz. provolone cheese, cubed, 2 oz. sliced peppered salami, rolled into cone shapes, 4 roasted red pepper strips, fresh rosemary sprigs and bay leaves for garnish, and a variety of crackers including RITZ Crackers, TRISCUIT Crackers and WHEAT THINS Original Snacks. Sounds so good, right?!
How to Make a Holiday Cheese Wreath
To make this beautiful Holiday Cheese Wreath, grab your favorite board or pan to use as the backdrop. Mix the cream cheese and herb cheese spread until it’s blended well, and then spoon the mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Cut off one bottom corner of the bag, and use the bag to pipe the cheese mixture into a 12-inch circle on your serving plate. Top your cream cheese mixture with your olives, tomatoes, mozzarella balls, cubed provolone, and pepperoni salami to resemble a wreath. Get creative and festive here! Then, using wooden toothpicks, secure your ingredients to your cream cheese wreath if necessary.
Last but not least, top it off with a bow! Tie your pepper strips into a bow, and add it as a garnish, along with the fresh rosemary and bay leaves to make a beautiful display.
Ingredients for OREO Cookie Ball Gifts
It wouldn’t be a holiday celebration without a sweet snack too, right?! I can’t get over how cute these OREO Cookie Ball Gifts are – the perfect addition to a holiday spread! To make these adorable treats, you’ll need 1 8oz. brick of cream cheese, 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, 12 oz. white candy coating wafers, 4 oz. red candy coating wafers, and mini heart sprinkles.
How to Make OREO Cookie Ball Gifts
Get this cute little gift party started by mixing the cream cheese and OREO cookie crumbs together. Then, shape the mixture into a 10X5-inch rectangle on a rimmed baking sheet covered in parchment. Freeze this mixture for 30 minutes. Once ready, cut the cream cheese mixture into 50 1-inch squares, and be sure they’re kept cool in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Prep your white candy coating by melting it based on the directions on the package. Once the candy coating is ready, dip each of your cream cheese squares in the mixture to coat them evenly, and then place them back on the baking sheet. Once the white candy coating is firm, it’s time to decorate the presents! Melt your red candy coating, add it to a pastry bag, and use it to pipe four little lines on each square. Pipe lines to look like ribbon, and then add a dot on the top center of each square. Add your heart-shaped sprinkles, and your cute little gifts are ready to go! Once you’re all done decorating, pop them in the fridge for an hour, or until they’re firm, and be sure to keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
Making Holiday Gatherings Easy
The holidays can definitely be a hectic time, especially if you’re hosting, but it doesn’t have to be. I absolutely love that I can head to Target for one quick trip and grab everything I need to make super impressive, festive snacks. And delicious ones too! And make sure to check the Target app weekly for new Circle offers on products you’ll love! Do you think you’ll make these bite-sized snacks for your festive get-together this year? Who will you serve them too? I’d love to hear all about your plans in the comments below! Looking for more fun inspiration for holiday gatherings and festive snacks? There are so many other ideas on Evite to make holiday entertaining that much easier!
NABISCO Holiday Cheese Wreath
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 container 6.5 oz. garlic and herb cheese spread
- 1 cup drained marinated mixed olives
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup Bocconcini or Ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls in water
- 4 oz. provolone cheese cubed
- 2 oz. sliced peppered salami rolled into cone shapes.
- 4 roasted red pepper strips 3-1/2 inch
- Fresh rosemary sprigs and bay leaves
- RITZ Crackers TRISCUIT Crackers and WHEAT THINS Original Snacks
- Mix cream cheese and herb cheese spread until blended; spoon into resealable plastic
- bag. Cut off one bottom corner of bag; use to pipe cheese mixture into 12-inch circle on
- serving plate.
- Top cream cheese mixture with next 5 ingredients to resemble a wreath, using wooden
- toothpicks to secure ingredients to cream cheese wreath if necessary.
- Tie each pepper strip into bow; use to garnish wreath along with the fresh herbs.
- Serve with crackers
OREO Cookie Ball Gifts
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies finely crushed
- 12 oz. white candy coating wafers
- 4 oz. red candy coating wafers
- 100 mini heart sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 10x5-inch rectangle on
- parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 30 min.
- Cut cream cheese mixture into 50 (1-inch) squares. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt white candy coating wafers as directed on package. Dip cream cheese squares, 1
- at a time, into melted candy coating, turning to evenly coat all sides of each square with
- candy coating. Return to baking sheet. Let stand 10 min. or until candy coating is firm.
- Melt red candy coating; spoon into pastry bag fitted with small writing tip. Use to pipe 4 lines on each square to resemble ribbon on a present as shown in photo.
- Pipe small dot of the remaining candy coating onto center of each square, then immediately press 2 heart-shaped candies into candy coating to resemble a bow on a gift package as
- shown in photo.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
before dipping into the melted candy coating as directed.
PRO TIP: If the melted candy coating becomes too thick to easily coat the cookie ball squares,
add up to 2 tsp. oil to the melted candy coating to thin it to the desired dipping
consistency. PRO TIP: Melt 3 pkg. (4 oz. each) white baking chocolate. Use instead of the melted white candy