Best Kid’s Party Dessert
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
When it comes to party desserts, cupcakes have always been my go to! They are a guaranteed crowd pleaser and can be customized to suit literally any occasion. Plus, they’re so fun to whip up! I always have the ingredients for classic vanilla cupcakes and frosting on hand in case I need a last minute dessert that I am positive will be a hit! Though I love any and all kinds of cupcakes, I’m always searching for new and fun twists on this classic dessert to avoid recipe burnout. These super cute ice cream cone cupcakes are such a fun, whimsical way to freshen up the classic vanilla cupcake!
Perfect Party Dessert
I’ll admit that I still haven’t met a dessert I didn’t like, but some of my all time family favorites are cake and ice cream. Basically these ice cream cupcakes combine my top two desserts to make these adorable ice cream cone cupcakes! These are seriously just classic vanilla cake with vanilla frosting, placed in a cone and frosted to look like a delicious ice cream cone! What could be better than that? These cupcakes are the perfect dessert to bring to any birthday party, holiday party, back to school night, fundraiser…the list goes on! I absolutely loved the adorable girly pastel colors of these cakes, but you have total freedom to use your creativity and customize the color of your frosting to make your cupcakes perfect for any event or holiday! The sky is truly the limit.
How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
To make these cupcakes, the process is super simple- another win if you are rushing to throw together a cute dessert in time for a party! I promise these cupcakes are so easy and fun to make- and the end result will seriously make you look like a master cake decorator. No one will ever know just how quick and easy these are to make. ;) Begin by making your vanilla cake (and maybe even sneaking a few tastes of the batter-shh!). Once you’ve baked the cakes and allowed them to cool on a wire rack, cut them into rounds to fit into your ice cream cones. This part may sound daunting but trust me, a round cookie cutter makes this task a piece of cake- literally! :) Cut the cake into rounds to fit the size of your ice cream cones and place the cakes inside.
Piping Frosting On Cupcakes
Once you’ve placed your cake rounds into the cones, you will have reached my favorite part of the process- frosting! Choose a fun and cheerful shade of food coloring that perfectly suits the theme of your event. The pastel colors used here could work perfectly for a little girl’s birthday, tea party, Easter party, bridal or baby shower, and so much more! To keep the ice cream cone theme intact, I recommend frosting your cupcakes in classic swirls to look like soft serve ice cream, or a rounded dome shape to resemble classic ice cream scoops. Feel free to add sprinkles, nuts, candies, or your favorite toppings! I’ll be decorating mine with classic rainblow sprinkles! :)
Perfect Summer Dessert
Your ice cream cone cupcakes are now ready to present and serve! These cupcakes are so cute, I pinky promise that they will be a huge success no matter where you take them! The classic vanilla flavor makes them an all around crowd pleaser- and the best part is that they are SO easy to make! No baking genius required here! These cupcakes have so much potential for creativity and customization- I can’t wait to make these for a back to school night or neighborhood get together soon!
Vanilla Cake Recipe
- VANILLA CAKE
- INGREDIENTS2 1/4 cup all purpose flour3/4 teaspoon salt2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 3/4 cup butter room temperature 1 1/3 cup sugar3 large eggs1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract1 1/4 cup whole milk
- -preheat oven to 300 degrees-in a small bowl mix flour, salt, and baking powder together; set aside-in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes on high-add eggs one at a time, mixing on low for 10 seconds in between each addition-add vanilla-add half of the flour mixture and mixed until just combined. Add all of the milk and mix until just combined. Lastly, add the other half of the flour mixture, mixing on low speed until combined-for 8” round layers, weigh out 11oz into your prepared cake pans-bake cake layers for 10-12 min, pulling out of the oven when a toothpick comes out clean-let cake layers cool halfway still in pan before transferring to a wire rack-let cake layers cool completely before frosting
- How to Make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes -Using a round cookie cutter, cut rounds out of the cake layers so that cake fits into the ice cream cone-Once all cones are filled with cake, frost using Vanilla Frosting recipe, using preferred tip -Finish with choice of sprinkles-Enjoy!
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- VANILLA FROSTING
- INGREDIENTS2 sticks butter room temperature 6 cups powdered sugar1/4 cup whole milk1 teaspoon vanilla extract1/2 teaspoon saltfood color (if desired)
- STEPS-in a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add butter and beat on high for 2-3 minutes, scraping the bowl once light and fluffy-add half the powdered sugar and salt to mixer and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth-add rest of powdered sugar and mix until smooth-add milk and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth-add food color if desired