This past week I just finished up my Christmas shopping and I couldn’t be more excited! Christmas cards were just sent out, and my favorite recipes are officially bookmarked to make this weekend. Bring on the holidays!
Have I ever told you how much Charlie loves Gingerbread?! This past weekend, I decided to surprise him with homemade Gingerbread Trifles. The one with the pink bow on it was for Miss Claire! ;)
We used so many fun flavors and spices for this recipe. I must admit, when creating this recipe, one of the key ingredients I used was fair-life ultra-filtered milk. I love using it because it offers half the sugar and has 50% more protein than regular milk. I’m a big fan of extra protein as it keeps you full even longer! ;)
As we’re snacking on Gingerbread Trifles and wrapping Christmas presents, I couldn’t be more excited about celebrating the most joyful and memorable season! But then again, I must confess that I am really looking forward to 2017! I can’t wait to tell you all about what I have in store for you. In the meantime, let’s hit the pause button and dive in on some holiday dessert. Who’s in?!
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches of clove
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup fairlife whole milk
- 2 cups homemade whipped cream
- GINGERBREAD TRIFLE
- 3 bags of Gingerman cookies
- gingerbread cheesecake filling
- homemade whipped cream
- store bought caramel
- 7 wide mouth pint sized mason jars
- HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, add both ingredients to the bowl and whisk on medium/high speed until you get stiff peaks, roughly 4-5 minutes.
- Note- stiff peaks are when you detach the whisk attachment and hold the whisk upside down, the whipped cream peak should stand straight up.
- GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE FILLING
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment cream together the cream cheese and sugar on high speed for about 2-3 minutes. Scrape bowl and paddle once during this mixing.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then turn up to medium speed and mix until smooth and incorporated.
- Last, fold in whipped cream.
- GINGERBREAD TRIFLE
- Add 2 bags of Gingerman cookies to a gallon-sized baggie and crush using a rolling pin or hands until cookies are crumbly but still have big chunks of cookie.
- Pour a small amount of the crushed cookies on the bottom of each mason jar. This is your first layer in the trifle.
- Add a good sized spoonful of the gingerbread cheesecake filling, enough to cover the cookies.
- Add a spoonful of the whipped cream, enough to cover the cheesecake filling.
- Then squeeze some of the caramel on top of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers until mason jar is full, ending with a whipped cream layer.
- Stick a Gingerman cookie in the top and enjoy!
fairlife’s farm families promise the highest quality milk, environmentally sustainable farming practices, and superior animal care. fairlife is ultra-filtered for more natural protein and calcium compared to regular milk. Learn more at fairlife.com
This post is sponsored by fairlife ultra-filtered milk.