Looking for the perfect recipe for the pumpkin lovers in your life? I’ll be honest, I’m totally guilty of jumping on the pumpkin spice fad every year, and I’m kind of proud of it. ;) I guess you could call it pumpkin obsessed, and I’ve been searching for any excuse to get my hands on anything pumpkin flavored. This pumpkin pie frosting is seriously delicious and can be used to impress all of your holiday guests.
This recipe is so spot-on for the holiday season, and after I whipped it up in our BFFF test kitchen, I just had to share. This recipe is super simple and only needs to be sprinkled with simple pumpkin pie spice. So easy! I’m crossing my fingers that you add this to your list of go-to desserts for the holidays.
Pumpkin plus cupcakes equals a happy Melissa! Trust me, this frosting is even more delicious than it sounds, and I can’t wait for you to swipe a taste. Speaking of pumpkin spice, I’ve been having a pumpkin spice white mochas almost daily since I’ve been working around the clock over here coming up with some exciting new content for all of the exciting upcoming holidays. Stay tuned ;)
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- in a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping
- the bowl once light and fluffy
- add 6 cups powdered sugar, milk, puree, and spices to mixer and mix on low speed for 30
- seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth
- add rest of powdered sugar if needed to get desired consistency
- due to the puree making the frosting a little loose, I put my mixing bowl in the fridge to firm up prior to frosting the cupcakes.
- once I frosted cupcakes, I sprinkled some pumpkin pie spice on top :) ENJOY!