Who else looks forward to eating or baking pecan pie every year? If this is you, you came just in time! ;) I am still on cloud 9 from sharing all the pictures from last week’s collaboration with Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James!! Today I am back to share with you guys this amazing chocolate pecan pie bar recipe just in time for Christmas! It’s so easy to make, and I loved dressing up the bars with parchment paper and gingham ribbon. The decorating is so easy and makes them both fancy and fun! ;)
But first, allow me to fair warn you, these chocolate pecan pie bars are so good that they are hard to stop eating once you start. ;)
Once you bake this easy chocolate pecan pie bar recipe, you have one extra step to go in order to take them to a whole new level with caramel! That’s right, if you love caramel sauce or caramel anything for that matter (like me – I’m so obsessed), this easy holiday dessert party recipe has your name written all over it. ;)
Ready for extra caramel? With a spoon or a piping bag, drizzle caramel on top of each of your bars. You can do this before or after cutting your chocolate pecan pie bars.
If you’re still looking for tips on entertaining for the holidays, you will not want to miss the other photos from our entertaining with Draper James photoshoot. I’ll give you a hint – lots of pink ornaments and gingham prints, with a splash of Sugar Paper LA! ;)
Southern Pecan Pie Bars
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar, flour, and butter together in a bowl at medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes.
- Mix all filling ingredients (except 1 1/2 cups pecans in bowl). Then stir in pecans.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely; refrigerate, cut into bars, and serve.