Looking for the perfect Easter dessert? These Bird’s Nest Cookies are so fun and easy!
Can you believe it’s already time for Easter? I feel like spring is just flying by, but I’m so excited. Spring brings so many fun holidays into the mix, with Easter coming up next. Plus, the pastel colors are my absolute favorite. It’s such a fun season to incorporate festive colors into joyful spring desserts. Who’s with me?!
Easy Easter Dessert
These adorable cookies are an all-time Easter favorite in our house. Seriously, they’re so cute and the kids are obsessed! I’ve seen them made in so many different ways, but with me being such a peanut butter and chocolate fan, I just knew I had to try out a new flavor combo! They’re so good! Plus, with only four ingredients and a few easy steps, they’re literally ready in minutes! It can’t get any better than that. Talk about the perfect Easter dessert to make with the kids or to put together for your family’s celebration.
Ingredients for Easter Bird’s Nest Cookies
The ingredients for these bird’s nest cookies are super easy to find at any store! All you’ll need is 1 cup chocolate chips, 2/3 cups mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, 1 (5-ounce) can of chow mein noodles, and 1 cup of Cadbury mini speckled eggs! Truly, that’s it!
How to Melt Chocolate
To get going on making these Easter cookies, start by lining a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Then, melt your chocolate. Pour the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate for 1 minute, and then stir. Keep microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until all of the chocolate is melted.
How to Make Easter Bird’s Nest Cookies
Once the chocolate is melted, mix the chow mein noodles with the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Last step, use a spoon to drop the mixture onto the prepared pan. Press down with the spoon to form the nest shape, and then add 2 or 3 speckled eggs into each nest. Let the nest cookies set until firm, or refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Easy Easter Cookies
This is definitely one of those recipes packed with tradition. I have memories of making these super easy treats with my mom, and I think about them every year! They’re so cute and so fun – and the best part is that they don’t require any time for prepping, and you don’t even need to turn on the oven! Love when a recipe comes together so simply in minutes! Are you planning to make these bird’s nest cookies for your family this Easter? You could even add jelly beans instead of the chocolate eggs. Tell me all about it in the comments below!
Bird's Nest Cookies
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 5-ounce can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup Cadbury speckled eggs
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate for 1 minute, and then stir. Keep microwaving in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until all of the chocolate is melted.
- Mix the chow mein noodles with the melted chocolate and combine.
- Use a spoon to drop the mixture onto the sheet pan to form cookies. Use the spoon to press down to form a nest shape. Press 2 to 3 candy eggs into each nest. Let stand until firm or refrigerate for about 10 minutes. Store in a tightly covered container.