Doritos for dinner?! You read that right! The whole family is going to love this cheesy Dorito Casserole that comes together in under 30 minutes!
Quick Dinner Ideas
Back to school is officially in session, and it’s time for the easiest meals. Who’s with me?! I always need to have super simple dinner ideas on repeat when the kids go back to school and life gets so busy again.
Recipes like taco pizza rolls, baked ziti, and burger tacos are all great go-tos, but this Dorito casserole has become the latest fan favorite in this house! It comes together in under 30 minutes, and it’s jam-packed with a ton of flavor. It’s so so good, and I’m so excited to show you how to make it!
Ingredients for Dorito Casserole
To get started on making this Dorito casserole, grab all of your ingredients first. You’ll need one bag of nacho cheese Doritos, 3 ½ cups of cooked, shredded chicken, 1 (12-ounce) can of corn, 8 ounces of taco blend cheese, 1 (10-ounce) can of diced tomatoes, one (4-ounce) can of green chilies, a can of cream of chicken soup, 8 ounces of sour cream, and 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. You’ll also want chopped cilantro for garnish.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Once you have all of your ingredients ready, it’s time to get the Dorito casserole party started! First, preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 9X13 pan. Then, grab a large mixing bowl and add the shredded chicken.
Step 2: Add in the corn, tomatoes, beans, and green chilies.
Step 3: Next up, add in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cheese and stir it all up.
Step 4: Lastly, add in the taco seasoning and mix all of the ingredients together well.
Step 5: Once the casserole filling is ready, it’s time to layer! Add a layer of Doritos in the bottom of your pan and crush them with your hands to create the casserole’s base.
Step 6: Then, layer your casserole filling over top, spreading evenly. Place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Step 7: Next up, add another layer of Doritos on top and then sprinkle it with plenty of cheese. Place the casserole back in the oven for 5 minutes to bake and melt the cheese.
Step 8: Remove the casserole from the oven and top the dish with chopped cilantro before serving.
Easy Dinner Recipes
Can you believe how easy this dinner is to put together? It’s jam-packed with protein from the chicken and beans, and has plenty of flavor! Plus, the kids get so excited they actually get to eat Doritos for dinner. Talk about a win-win! We’re making this super simple casserole on repeat for dinner as the cooler weather is on its way. What do you have on the menu? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!
- 1 bag Doritos, nacho cheese
- 3 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) can corn
- 8 ounces taco blend cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 9X13 pan.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add the shredded chicken. Add in the corn, tomatoes, beans, green chilies, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and cheese and stir to combine.
- Add in the taco seasoning and mix together well.
- Add a layer of Doritos in the bottom of the pan. Crush with your hands to create an even layer.
- Spread the casserole filling on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add another layer of Doritos. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro before serving.